Thursday, June 16

I'VE MADE IT THROUGH A WEEK! This is a strange and wondrful place. I don't exactly love it but I don't hate it. It kind of just feels like limbo, if you know what I mean. I'm learning so much every hour it seems. The first Sunday was quite nice. We got to watch Music and the Spoken Word and then Ann Dibb came to speak at our Relief Society meeting. She showed us some home pictures of President Monson and helped us get to know him a little more. It was really sweet.
 
So this week we found out that my companion gets to leave a week early. She's getting a new mission president and they want all the Houston missionaries to go in with him. So she leaves next week. By the time I write again, she'll be gone. There are two other sisters in my district so we'll probably just be a trio. Hopefully I won't have to move rooms. I refuse to do so anyway. My room mates are hilarious.
 
We started teaching this week. It's really stinkin' hard, at least for little Sammy. I feel like my companion speaks so eloquently and then it comes to me and I just start spitting out all this Spanish that probably doesn't make any sense. It's really frustrating. However, Hma. Rivera has been teaching me some great things. Mostly that it's the Spirit that does the speaking and as long as I listen to Him it doesn't matter if my Spanish sucks, He'll make sure to get the message across. So much faith involved, eh? I feel like that one part in Indiana Jones when he has to walk across that invisible bridge thing.
 
This mission thing is definitely the best choice I've ever made in my life. I'm finding out a new weakness of mine everyday but through these weaknesses, I'm coming closer to Christ than I feel I have ever been in my life. Probably becauase I've never prayed this much or as frequently. Mostly they go like this, "Help me, help me, help me to pleeeeeeeease be able to speak Spanish and understand it and listen to the Spirit." Haha. He wants to help me succeed. I can't really describe all the other amazing things that have been happening to me, but they're all for the best I feel.
 
I miss you all and think about you. Your picture is probably at the foot of my bed. Keep praying! Keep being happy! Be excellent to each other! And write to young Sammy! Also, email me! Por faaaavoooooooor. You'll be blessed. :

No comments:

Post a Comment